WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions shall apply to your use of the Website located at studentlifestart.com and studentlifestart.co.uk.
By using the Website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and if you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions you should not use the Website.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time but if we do so we shall post any such changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall constitute acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
“You” and “your” means the person using or who wishes to use the Website.
“We”, “us” and “our” means Virgin StartUp, Virgin Money plc and LifeStart, their employees, agents and successors and includes any other person or business to whom we may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions.
2/ USE OF THE WEBSITE
2.1 By using this Website you agree that:
2.1.1 You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of this Website or causes or may cause harm, damage or unreasonable inconvenience to other users of this Website or us; and
2.1.2 You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other Website, other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this Website, whether that information has been gained by the use of spiders, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data.
2.2 If you breach any of the provisions set out at paragraph 2.1 above, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including denying you access to the Website, bringing legal proceedings against you and disclosing information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
2.3 We are reliant on the overall performance of the World Wide Web in relation to the operation of the Website.
3/ YOUR OBLIGATIONS
3.1 You must only use the Website for your personal use.
3.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you supply to us or enter onto the Website is complete and accurate in all respects, so please double-check your information before submitting it.
4/ PARTICIPATING INSTITUTIONS
The Website is designed for use by students registered with higher education institutions which are registered participants of the LifeStart programme. Registered participants include all higher education institutions situated within the United Kingdom and their affiliated campuses (which may be overseas). We have final say over which institutions are registered participants of the LifeStart programme.
5/ INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5.1 All information, data and copyright material contained on this Website, including any trade marks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos and devices belong to us or to people whom we have given, or from whom we have received, ownership or permission to use such information data and/or copyright material. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us or the owner to do so.
5.2 You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on this Website for personal non-business use only, (i.e. to assist with modules or challenges), provided that you are not otherwise breaching these terms and conditions.
5.3 You will retain the intellectual property rights in any visual content (“Content”) that you upload to the Website as part of a module or a challenge. You must ensure all Content uploaded to the Website is yours, and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third parties. But please see section 7.8 for further information about how we may use your Content. By submitting Content to the Website you acknowledge that we may independently develop, design or implement ideas or concepts that are similar to your Content and, where we have acted independently to your Content, you will have no claim in, right to or challenge against our intellectual property rights in those ideas or concepts.
6/ RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
6.1 We make no representations or warranties of any kind in relation to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of any information or graphics published on the Website or otherwise in respect of the Website or its contents. The information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All our liability howsoever arising for the content of the Website and its accuracy, completeness or suitability or for any misrepresentation or breach of contract in respect of the Website or its contents is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6.2 We make no warranty that the Website or any linked Website is free from viruses or other malicious computer problems. You are responsible for ensuring that you use the appropriate virus checking software. Neither we nor any of our employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property in claims of third parties.
6.3 Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations under this paragraph 6 are intended to limit any rights you may have under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded or in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
7/ UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE WEBSITE
7.1 The Website provides functionality for you to send us Content by uploading it to the Website.
7.2 By submitting any Content to us via the Website, you agree that:-
7.2.1 Facts stated in your Content are accurate and opinions stated in your Content are genuinely held;
7.2.2 your Content does not contain anything which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, threatening, abusive, invasive of another’s privacy, likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or likely to mislead or deceive any person;
7.2.3 your Content is not likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any person;
7.2.4 your Content does not breach any legal duty owed to a third party;
7.2.5 your Content does not promote any illegal activity;
7.2.6 your Content does not impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
7.2.7 your Content does not give the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by us
7.2.8 your Content does not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
7.2.9 you will not submit duplicate Content.
7.2.10 your Content does not contain any advertisements for any third parties or any other products or services.
7.2.11 your Content does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
7.2.12 your Content otherwise complies with these terms and conditions.
7.3 By submitting Content you agree that we may post it on the Website and it may be viewed by other users of the Website.
7.4 We reserve the right to refuse to allow Content to be posted or to remove Content already posted without notice if, in our opinion, the Content does not comply with these terms and conditions or for any other reason.
7.5 Although we reserve the right to review Content before allowing it to be posted to the Website we do not guarantee that we will monitor or moderate all Content. You agree that the posting of Content does not constitute our endorsement of anything included in the Content. If you believe any Content breaches these terms and conditions you should notify us however we are under no obligation to investigate or to take any action against any user of the Website and our decision will be final in all matters.
7.7 You are responsible for making back-up copies of any Content that you post to the Website. We are not liable to you or any third party for any loss of or corruption or damage to any Content.
7.8 By submitting Content to the Website, you give us a royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right and licence for the full duration of your legal rights arising in the Content to:
7.8.1 make copies of and use the Content to facilitate the hosting and availability of the Content for other users and visitors to the Website and to operate the Website in the manner envisaged by these terms and conditions;
7.8.2 make copies of and use the Content on the Website;
7.8.3 copy, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform, display and otherwise use on the Website and in any other marketing, promotion or publicity media on or offline (including, but not limited to, trade and other press) any material forming part of the Content and/or to incorporate the Content into any other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed; and
7.8.4 use, modify, delete from or add to the Content for any purpose in connection with the Website or otherwise as envisaged by these terms and conditions.
9/ THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may also contain hypertext links to websites operated by third parties. The operation and content of those websites shall be determined by the organisation which controls the relevant third party website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided on the Website for convenience only and the inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply our endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any other website or any loss or damage arising therefrom.
We have in our sole discretion the right to issue a warning, temporary suspension, or an indefinite suspension and termination of your right to use the Website if you:
- act inconsistently with and/or in breach of these terms and conditions;
- at any time violate or attempt to violate any rights of any other user of the Website or of any other third parties;
- are engaged in any criminal activity.
If any provision of these terms and conditions are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected. The laws of England and Wales will apply to these terms and conditions and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Save as expressly provided elsewhere, these terms and conditions shall apply only between us and you and no other person shall be entitled to benefit from them.
“LifeStart Prize Rewards” terms & conditions
1/ Who can enter?
- all students who register for the LifeStart Beta test on the studentlifestart.com or studentlifestart.co.uk websites and who complete a challenge by the closing date;
- students must be registered at a higher education institution which is a registered participant of the LifeStart programme. Registered participants include all higher education institutions situated within the United Kingdom and their affiliated campuses (which may be overseas);
- employees of Virgin Money and anyone directly connected to LifeStart cannot enter.
- When can you enter?
- The entry period for each challenge will be as listed and updated on the LifeStart website from time to time.
3/ How do you enter?
- You must register on the LifeStart homepage and complete one or more learning challenge/s during the entry period to be eligible for the prizes as listed on the LifeStart website.
- You must complete one or more challenge/s by uploading all necessary digital content to the LifeStart website before the end of the entry period to be eligible for the prizes.
4/ How are the prizes awarded?
- Prizes will be awarded for each completed challenge as listed on the LifeStart website.
5/ How will the prize winners be selected?
- All uploaded digital content received within the entry period will be entered into the prize competition and thewinners will be chosen at our discretion from all qualifying entrants.
6/ What are the prizes?
- The prizes for each challenge are as listed and updated on the LifeStart website from time to time.
- The prizes may be subject to further terms and conditions which will be confirmed when they are awarded.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
7/ How do you know if you have won a prize?
- We will notify the winner by email on the notification date which will be as listed on the LifeStart website for each challenge.
8/ What else do you need to know?
- You must not use or infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property rights (such as someone else’s ideas, designs, concepts etc.). Provided that you do not infringe anyone else’s intellectual property rights, you will own the intellectual property rights in your content which you submit to us in when completing a challenge. If you do use someone else’s intellectual property we may reject your submission(s) and, if applicable, withdraw or request reimbursement for any prizes which we may have offered or awarded to you. We may develop, design or implement ideas or concepts that are similar to your content and, where we have acted independently, you have no claim in, right to or challenge against our intellectual property rights in those ideas or concepts.
- You may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
- The winners agree to allow Virgin Money to confirm their names and counties of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winner’s names and counties of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to:
LifeStart Team, Virgin Money plc,1 Eagle Place, 5th floor, London SW1Y 6AF.
- The competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
9/ Who is the promoter?
- We are Virgin Money plc.
- Our company number is 06952311.
- Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.